An Offer of Employment with Mable Elliott Horsemanship Services and Guest Ranch
Horse Breaker / Stable Hand – Currently accepting applications by email and/or mail – posting 2019 02 22
Permanent: beginning June 1, 2019,
30 hours per week; wage – $20.00 per hour
Location of work: Mable Elliott Guest Ranch – currently, Langham Sk.
Note: it is an asset if the applicant is willing to relocate with me
- training and schooling of client and ranch service horses
- the day-to-day care and feeding of horses and ranch animals
- general ranch repairs, maintenance, and presentation
- keeping the ranch site clean and safe
The applicant must be:
- socially comfortable and experienced interacting with a diverse group of co-workers, clientele, and guests
- personally well presented
- energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to work independently and well with others
- perceptive, reliable, accountable and conscientious in all tasks
- non-allergic to animals and the country elements
- flexible to work evenings and weekends
The applicant must also be able to:
- work physically day-to-day
- stack, lift, carry feeds and equipment
- work outside all day in all weather conditions, summer heat
- drive a tractor
Specific skill requirements:
- prior work experience on a horse ranch/farm
- currently experienced in training, riding and handling horses of all ages ( Western and/or English) with an acquired technical skill level at, or beyond Equine Canada Rider III
- email a current resume along with a face photo, full portrait and a list of references
This position is an equal opportunity; vulnerable youth, newcomers, indigenous persons and persons with disabilities are welcome to apply.
Mable Ann Elliott
Work and Learn Volunteer Program
As a Work and Learn Program Volunteer, in exchange for your time, hard work and commitment, you have the opportunity to build upon your existing skills and develop new ones. Programs are designed and personalized for each participant with your choice to live offsite or at the ranch. As an onsite participant, your meals and accommodations are provided as part of the exchange.
Applicant qualities and qualifications will include, but not be limited to: an appreciation for people, horses, and country life, with an ability and willingness to work independently and alongside others. A comprehension and ability to speak English is most helpful although I do understand if you are bilingual and in the ongoing process of upgrading this valuable skill; each applicant is individually considered. Recreational riding of the ranch horses will be by invitation based on your skills, experience, and commitment to the work tasks assigned to you.
Volunteer involvement may include, but not be limited to: all aspects of ranch work, interacting with multi-cultural people and horses of various ages.
Accepting Applications for 2019. Long-term candidates preferred with consideration to each individual applicant.
Signature Approach of Uniquely Blending Psychosomatic Body Language and Lifestyle Awareness with Intuitive Horsemanship
If your skill set, desire and availability align with this outline feel welcome to forward to ME your resume along with a profile and face portrait. please include your contact info.
I look forward to meeting you and having you join the team.